I know I’m not the only fat yogi who runs into a couple sticky spots during surya namaskar.
I’ve put together a short video that shows several modification options for sun salutations including:
- How to prevent your chest from suffocating you
- Making more room in forward folds
- Getting your hands to the floor (or blocks)
- Options for plank, lowering to the floor, and the backbend
- Down dog alternatives
- Getting your foot forward into a lunge from downward facing dog
Watch the video
Want to learn to adapt sun salutations to YOUR body?
I created a program where you can learn how to “choose your own adventure” when it comes to sun salutations. In these videos, we’ll learn modifications and variations on poses to make the movements safe and enjoyable for all bodies.
Whether you practice seated, at the wall, with a chair, or on the mat with props, you will learn your customized sun salutation so you can move into any yoga class and practice confidently, no matter what the teacher is cueing at the front of the class.