Body Positive Clubhouse
Join my online community where I post new videos every month including yoga classes, body image advice, self-acceptance tips, and get live support from folks just like you. Your first 2 weeks are free.
Free 7-day yoga exploration
Discover a way to move your body that feels good. Get 7 days worth of free mini-classes to your inbox.
A playlist for you
You’re awesome. Now move that amazing body of yours.
Notable articles & linkable posts
- Stop postponing your life until you lose the weight
- Yoga turned my body into a place I could call home
- How to Be Grateful for Your Body (Even When it Feels Impossible)
- Why I quit dieting
- There’s not “a thin person inside you trying to get out” (and that’s a good thing)
- You don’t have to love your body
- Seriously, weight loss doesn’t work
- Empirical research on dieting & weight loss – for fat patients and their doctors
- There is no perfect. There is no imperfect.
- Remember beauty is subjective
- Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self Acceptance
- Lessons from the Fat-o-sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce with Your Body
- Big Big Love, Revised: A Sex and Relationships Guide for People of Size (and Those Who Love Them)
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight
- You Have The Right To Remain Fat
- The Body Is Not An Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love
- Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation
- Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity
- Two Whole Cakes: How to Stop Dieting and Learn to Love Your Body
- Hot & Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love, and Fashion
- Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out, and Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight
- The Unapologetic Fat Girl’s Guide to Exercise and Other Incendiary Acts
- Love: A Body Positivity Coloring Book
Websites & Blogs
- Body Positive Yoga – my blog on yoga, body image, and self acceptance, or join Body Positive Yoga on Facebook or Instagram
- Dances with Fat – Ragen Chastain’s excellent size acceptance activist blog
- Unf*ck Your Brain – Kara Loewentheil is a friend of mine and a brilliant feminist confidence coach. Her podcast is a life-changing resource. She also has coaching programs that I highly recommend.
- Mara Glatzel – sustainable self-care and daily permission for women
- Health At Every Size Community & Dr. Linda Bacon, plus the Health At Every Size Manifesto
- Virgie Tovar – author, activist, leading voice on fat discrimination and body image
- Sonya Renee Taylor – author, activist, founder of The Body Is Not An Apology
- Be Nourished – join their newsletter and download the body trust workbook
- Fit Fatties Facebook Group – a place to discuss fitness and movement from a weight-neutral perspective, and there’s the very active
- Rosie Molinary – one of my favorite body image activists
- Video: 23 1/2 hours – what’s the single best thing you can do for your health?
- Adipositivity – a photography/art project featuring a wide range of bodies and genders
Mindfulness for schools & companies – The Mind Body Project
For Yoga Teachers
- Yoga For All: Creating Body Positive Yoga Classes for All Shapes, Sizes & Abilities – an online yoga teacher training course I co-created with Dianne Bondy to help yoga teachers learn to work with diverse body types
- Making language more inclusive: Dos and don’ts for yoga teachers
- Teachers, are you accidentally shaming your students?
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860