On today’s podcast I’m talking to Kara Lowentheil, Master Certified Coach and creator of Unf*ck Your Brain. Here’s what we’ll talk about:
- Why affirmations and positive thinking just don’t work for us most of the time (and how we can change that)
- How we can get control of our emotions and avoid “getting run over by the feelings bus”
- Changing our mindset around self-care and asking for what we need
- The 4 mindf*cks of patriarchy
- Feeling worthy without seeking external validation
- Kara’s Unf*ck Your Brain program: a feminist blueprint for creating confidence
Kara Loewentheil has a B.A. from Yale and a J.D. from Harvard Law School and graduated both schools with honors. In her legal career she clerked for a federal appeals court judge, litigated in state and federal court, held several academic appointments, and ran a think tank. Today she is a Master Certified Coach who works with high-achieving feminist women who believe in empowerment, but don’t always feel empowered. Her cognitive-based tools and strategies help women learn how to literally rewire their brains to overcome social conditioning and insecurity. Or in other words, she teaches them how to unf*ck their brains so that they can create the confidence they need and the lives they want.