On today’s podcast I’m talking to Justine Mastin, MA, LMFT, LADC, E-RYT 200, YACEP, and creator of YogaQuest. Here’s what we’ll talk about:
- Justine’s yoga story – what brought her to the practice and why she kept coming back
- YogaQuest – what is it, how did she come up with the idea for it, and what to expect in a YQ class
- Why geeks need their own specialized wellness practices and spaces
- Why stories are so powerful in our lives and our learning, and exploring how the stories we tell ourselves might be helping or harming us
- Our Tolkien-themed yoga retreat this fall in Minnesota
Justine Mastin (aka JustiniYogini) is the creator and fearless leader of YogaQuest, a yoga business that blends narratives with yoga for a truly unique and engaging experience. Narratives are profoundly meaningful to Justine and she uses a predominantly narrative therapy approach in her work as the owner/founder of Blue Box Counseling, a private practice in Minneapolis. Justine is passionate about working with underserved populations, and specializes in working with clients who self-identify as being outside the mainstream – such as those in the geek, secular, and LGBTQIA communities.
In addition to her work in the office/studio, Justine appears at pop culture conventions around the country where she teaches yoga and speaks on geek wellness topics. Justine has most notably appeared at New York Comic Con, Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo and Emerald City Comic Con.
In her copious free time, Justine also enjoys writing. She has contributed chapters to Supernatural Psychology: Roads Less Traveled and the upcoming book Daredevil Psychology: The Devil You Know in the Popular Culture Psychology Series. She also contributed to the upcoming book The Psychology of Zelda. Justine takes a holistic approach to healing: mind, body, and fandom.
Find Justine online: Blue Box Counseling has links to her therapy practice, YogaQuest, social media, and more!