Body Positive Yoga :: Executive Assistant
Amber Karnes / Body Positive Yoga is seeking an executive assistant to support Body Positive Yoga’s mission in an administrative capacity. Amber is looking for a smart, creative, ambitious human who can commit to a minimum of 1 day per week (4-6 hours), sometimes at her office, and sometimes on your own. Hours will vary depending on season, ongoing projects, and Amber’s schedule.
For the right person, this role could easily grow into a more significant one with Body Positive Yoga—people with an interest in content marketing, content creation (videos, podcasts, online courses), social media, graphic design, and online community building should most definitely apply, as there will be relevant, hands-on learning opportunities in those areas.
- Project management: track project milestones and to-dos, remind Amber of relevant deadlines
- Record keeping: prepare and process contracts for events, scan receipts, maintain training rosters and email lists, maintain Google Drive organizational system
- Answer customer support emails, provide Facebook community support for the Body Positive Clubhouse membership community
- Pack and ship t-shirt orders
- Maintain Amber’s calendar, schedule meetings, book appointments, light inbox management
- Book travel reservations
- Conduct and compile research
- Run errands
- Other duties as assigned: this could include writing, social media, project management, video/audio/photo editing, event staffing, or other tasks based on relevant skills and experience
THE PERFECT BODY POSITIVE YOGA EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT:
- Follows through. You’re a self-starter who is obsessive about details, doesn’t let stuff fall through the cracks, loves making lists and then crossing things off those lists with a quickness. Completing a project gives you a deep sense of satisfaction.
- Is proficient with technology, social media, and all things Internet
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re also a little design-geeky and a stickler for outstanding visual presentation.
- Is a problem-solver who Googles before asking, and a confident, enthusiastic, fast learner.
- Is comfortable collaborating and working 1:1, but also proficient at solo time management
- Is excited to work for a solopreneur who is quickly scaling her business; you’ll gain experience in every aspect of Amber’s company including project management, event planning and production, content marketing, social media management, video/audio production, and more.
- Is passionate about social justice, body liberation, community-building, and increasing access to wellness for marginalized folks
- Is local to Baltimore, Maryland (this is not a remote position)
This is an independent contractor position and pays $15 per hour. You must provide your own internet-capable laptop, mobile phone, and car (proof of auto insurance will be required, mileage will be tracked and reimbursed). You must be local to Baltimore, Maryland, and able to work with Amber in the Hampden neighborhood at least once per week.
Please submit a PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Executive Assistant application. In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Why are you the perfect fit for this position?
- What do you hope to learn or what are you looking to get out of this position?
- What is your superpower?
- Links to your relevant social media accounts / websites