Welcome back! It’s day 3 of your 7-day yoga exploration. I’m so glad you’re here. Yesterday, we paid special attention to our neck and shoulders. Today we’ll be bringing some love to our hands, wrists, and forearms.
Our hands and wrists perform a million tasks a day for us and all that typing, steering, kid carrying, and writing can leave us feeling stiff and achy. We’ll look at some special stretches and exercises to counteract that, but first let’s talk about some tips for making sure you’re set up for success when you step onto the yoga mat.
- Pay attention to what you eat before your practice. No big meals right beforehand. In fact, I recommend not eating for at least 2 hours prior to practicing.
- Start off the day with a quality breakfast, drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Find a quiet space free of distractions where you can take a few minutes for yourself. Even if you can just clear a mat’s worth of space and gather a few simple props, you’ll be well on your way to a great home practice space.
- Center yourself. Sit or stand for a few moments with eyes closed. Notice the parts of you connected to the earth (or chair). Breathe deeply for 5-10 breaths. Notice any sensations in your body.
- Fire up your laptop or device and practice along with one of the yoga exploration videos.
- Afterward, do another scan of your body with eyes closed. Breathe deeply for 10-15 breaths.
- Take a moment and schedule some time for tomorrow’s practice in your calendar.
Now let’s send some love to our hands and wrists!
Tomorrow, we’ll explore our breath and learn how to breathe using our diaphragm, which has so many benefits for health, vitality, and focus.
See you on the mat!
Sign up for the 7-Day Yoga Exploration
Did a friend send you to this page? Would you like to receive the 7-day yoga exploration via email? Just sign up here!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.